The invaluable source for critical coverage and in-depth analysis of prepress and digital printing technologies
To improve services to our readers and widen our readership we have put Spindrift online. Subscribers get content updates more frequently and we have more flexibility to provide timely news analysis, commentary and feature articles.
Click the image below to proceed to Spindrift.click, or
The latest articles in our WIld Format Digital Series … Everything you need to know about getting the most our of wide-format digital printing technology.
We recently learned all about auditing companies for their compliance to ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems) and as part of the training we visited a large drinks maker in the UK for a trial audit. Britvic, based in East London, has been a publicly traded company since 2005 and has a declared public commitment to environmental management. This commitment is an important part of Britvic’s Corporate Social Responsibility policy and relates to all parts of the business. Yet nowhere in its policy documents could we find a reference to managed print procurement or how print and publishing functions fit with the policy. Britvic’s Environmental Management Policy is publicly available online (see http://britvic.co.uk/en/Sustainable-business/Policies-and-Reports/Safety...) and is displayed, on printed signs, throughout its manufacturing plant.
Crossword Puzzles from Spindrift - Number 60
4. Characteristic of a workflow that conforms to expectations, ISO or otherwise. (12)
9. Edition or iteration. (7)
11. An effort worth four or five points for league or union. (3)
12. Flow behaviours, of inks and other fluids. (10)
14. Keep tabs on that file! (5, 2)
1. Print too many? Or just on top? (12)
2. Lacking regularity or definition to their contours or external lines. (9, 6)
3. To contain, complete or satisfy. (4)
4. Slight, not aggrieving, glitch. (4)
5. Sector apart from toner. (7, 6)
Would you like a bespoke puzzle for your company? No problem! Get in touch and let us know what you require.